Thank you to Glenn Miller and co-host Chris Felton for giving a voice to the Legalize 2018 campaign on their...
Safer Arizona is a nonpartisan coalition of ordinary citizens working to end cannabis prohibition in Arizona. Our proposed law is called the Safer Arizona Cannabis Legalization Act (SACLA).
We want to change the Arizona statutes that relate to cannabis so that you are free to use, possess, grow, and sell cannabis freely. We believe adults should have the right to use cannabis, a safe product, as they please and that arresting and incarcerating people for their use or sale of cannabis is unjust.
Safer Arizona Cannabis Legalization Act
- Makes cannabis legal to use, grow, and sell
- Legalizes industrial hemp
Post-Conviction Relief and Expungement
- Allows people who are convicted of a cannabis crime to request to be re-sentenced under the new law
- Allows people who have already served their sentence to request to have the crime expunged from their record
- Gives equal rights to businesses, small growers, and individuals
- Does not favor large, established companies through unfair restrictions and fees
- Prohibits discrimination against drivers, parents, gun owners, or others solely based on their use of cannabis
- Does not affect law enforcement’s ability to prosecute unsafe driving and negligent parenting
- Allows adults to use cannabis freely, the way you can use other legal substances
- Requires cannabis companies to follow the workplace and other regulations required in their industry (such as farms, bakeries, restaurants, and manufacturing)
- Requires mandatory testing and labeling for commercial sales
- Sets up restrictions and fines for selling to people under 21
Deadline July 5th 2018
Sign, Pick Up, or Drop Off Petitions at a Volunteer Meeting
Sign the Petition
July 5th is the deadline to submit over 150K signatures to the Arizona Secretary of State in favor of the...
We need over 150K signatures from registered Arizona voters by July 5th to get the Safer Arizona Cannabis Legalization Act ballot...
Before returning your completed or partially completed SACLA petitions to our campaign, you must sign the affidavit on the back...