On July 15, we are calling for a massive Day of Action. Walk your neighborhood, throw a signing party in...
Safer Arizona is a nonpartisan coalition of ordinary citizens working to end cannabis prohibition in Arizona. Our proposed law is called the Safer Arizona Cannabis Legalization Act (SACLA).
We want to change the Arizona statutes that relate to cannabis so that you are free to use, possess, grow, and sell cannabis freely. We believe adults should have the right to use cannabis, a safe product, as they please and that arresting and incarcerating people for their use or sale of cannabis is unjust.
Safer Arizona Cannabis Legalization Act
- Makes cannabis legal to use, grow, and sell
- Legalizes industrial hemp
Post-Conviction Relief and Expungement
- Allows people who are convicted of a cannabis crime to request to be re-sentenced under the new law
- Allows people who have already served their sentence to request to have the crime expunged from their record
- Gives equal rights to businesses, small growers, and individuals
- Does not favor large, established companies through unfair restrictions and fees
- Prohibits discrimination against drivers, parents, gun owners, or others solely based on their use of cannabis
- Does not affect law enforcement’s ability to prosecute unsafe driving and negligent parenting
- Allows adults to use cannabis freely, the way you can use other legal substances
- Requires cannabis companies to follow the workplace and other regulations required in their industry (such as farms, bakeries, restaurants, and manufacturing)
- Requires mandatory testing and labeling for commercial sales
- Sets up restrictions and fines for selling to people under 21
Sign the Petition
Sign, Pick Up, or Drop Off Petitions at a Volunteer Meeting
#Refer2404 / SaferAZ Alliance
In March of 2017, the Arizona legislature passed a bill that sets the financial bar for initiatives and referendums higher than ever before. If we don’t stop it, HB2404 will silence ordinary people by ensuring that only the most financially privileged people can place measures on the ballot.
Grassroots Citizens Concerned is the name, #Refer2404 is the campaign.
Some of the Safer Arizona volunteers carry the #Refer2404 petition. You can sign it at the Safer Glendale Volunteer Meeting every Sunday 2PM at the Glendale Cheba Hut. Let’s help them get 75,000 signatures before August so it’s easier for us to get 150,000 signatures before July 5, 2018.
Hello friends, The Safer Arizona Cannabis Legalization Act initiative has been filed and we need 160,000 signatures to get it...
Thank you for your interest in the Safer Arizona Cannabis Legalization Act. Our board spent 7 months publicly drafting our...
Ladies and gentleman. Thank you for participating in the Safer Arizona 2018 Cannabis Legalization Campaign. It has been a great...